Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Bug Reports / Re: Track - Suspended Processes Handling
« Last post by edkiefer on May 17, 2016, 06:38:07 AM »
You mention option ,does something need to be turned on for this to be enabled, I don't see any new options with terminate ?
Alpha build v9.0.0.10
Process Lasso / Re: Non-Existent Processes
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on May 17, 2016, 03:58:23 AM »
I changed the termination code a little in the most recent v8 update to treat suspended processes a little more aggressively, but it's not a change I've had time to test the efficacy of it in the real-world yet. It was just a simple passing tweak more than a thorough investigation.
Feature Requests / Re: Auto trim log files
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on May 17, 2016, 03:55:53 AM »
Thank you, and I agree entirely with this recommendation. I will see what I can do going forward. The logging subsystem is one where work is definitely going to be done in the future, and there's certainly no reason not to include better pruning based on age, per-user size, or other.
Bug Reports / Track - Suspended Processes Handling
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on May 17, 2016, 03:53:45 AM »
Windows Task Manager hides suspended processes, which have become a more common site as of Windows 10. The Process Lasso column 'status' indicates whether a process is suspended.

Most suspended processes are natural, but there have been reports of continued listing of 'ghost instances' in Process Lasso. We are investigating.

A change to the way suspended processes is handled (by option) is present in v9 alpha. This thread will track discussion of this issue.
General / Re: Forum log in
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on May 15, 2016, 10:14:57 PM »
(15 days later)...

I think I am personally seeing what you have been seeing. Something is fishy and it's probably that WP2SMF bridge. I am going to have to hack on it's code a bit, as the maintainer seems long gone. It's fairly simple, so hopefully I can figure out what is going on. Of course, it's still possible it's also a server config, or even firewall server config issue.

It's inconsistent, that's about all I know at this point.
Feature Requests / Re: Terminate Process
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on May 13, 2016, 11:23:42 PM »
Absolutely! I will keep this in mind, and a lot of other possibilities, in an extended rule system I've long planned.
« Last post by Jeremy Collake on May 13, 2016, 12:50:03 AM »
These processes are usually/often in a 'suspended' state, as you can see in Process Lasso's 'status' column (hidden by default). They get held up by Windows Error Reporting and such.

As for terminating them, this is something I'll have to play with, but I would have thought they terminated immediately when you use Lasso's terminate function. I may need to adjust the Terminate code to be more aggressive with suspended processes.

Suspended processes are an active area of work, and that work will encompass these intermediate-state (crashing) processes.
« Last post by Zero3K on May 10, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »
No, they do show up in Process Hacker 2, etc. It occurs because they crashed (and possibly because I have a program set to load when one does so I can get more details regarding the crash).
« Last post by edkiefer on May 09, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »
How do I automatically terminate them using Process Lasso?
Are you talking about ghost processes, ones that only show up in PL GUI but not in task-manager and are not running ?
Right now, if you do get it I think easiest way is just restart the GUI, leave governor alone.

Trying to track down what cause this rare occurrence.
Process Lasso / Non-Existent Processes
« Last post by Zero3K on May 08, 2016, 06:41:41 PM »
How do I automatically terminate them using Process Lasso?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10