ProcessLasso 8.8.8.6 ???

Started by neophil78, November 04, 2015, 02:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neophil78

Hi there,

I've seen on different website that ProcessLasso 8.8.8.6 is out.

I'm with 8.8.8.2 PRO Lifetime and checking for updates tells me there's no update ???
Looking in "my licences page" shows as well 8.8.8.2 as the latest version  :o

What's going on ? website update forgotten ?

Thanks for looking to this trouble

neophil

edkiefer

I think what happened 8.8.8.6 was released then pulled for some issue so you see new version but your on newest version .
What support or PL page is correct .
Bitsum QA Engineer

neophil78

Nope,

1st, the latest PL mentionned on main Webpage is still 8.8.8.2 (with Dev version as 8.8.8.5 beta)

2nd, still looking now in "my licences page" shows as well 8.8.8.2 as the latest version

3rd, my password for login has chaged since my precedent post  :o (well nor a drama, i renew with another one, but that"s weird)

Only 1 PC on six had the possibility to update to PL 8.8.8.6 and the other ones are stuck to 8.8.8.2  :-\

BTW, since i get PL (many years  ;D) i don't think they never autoupdate even option is checked

edkiefer

Trust me there is no 8.8.8.6 version .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Actually, let me redact that.

v8.8.8.6 is available. It's the current build that is published. So, I didn't have a brain fart.

Either the database update I made when I released that version didn't 'take', or somehow later got accidentally reverted. I will fix this up shortly.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Ah, ok , my bad , I thought you said something was a miss with that one .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

It's fixed now.

On Oct 28 I released 8.8.8.6, a minor update that few people should care much about.

At some later date this got deleted or removed. I'm not sure how that happened. I'm still investigating I may have to do some audits to see, well, where it went. There are only a couple possibilities really. Technical and human error.

EDIT: I think what happened (now, after some audits) is that it was redacted to replace the build due to a last-minute language update. Then the re-listing was not properly added to the database.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion.

neophil78

That's (nearlly) all OK for me :

- Website main page is up to date
- "My licences page" also up to date with V 8.8.8.6 as well
- i managed to update my different PC's to PL 8.8.8.6 by checking if a newer version than 8.8.8.2 wax able, but they still didn't auto-update by themthelses as they should did (not a drama, but just to notify you  ;) )

Thanks

neophil

Jeremy Collake

Hmm, that's odd. Give the other 2 systems time, and verify again they aren't already at 8.8.8.6, which I assume you did. They should update if they have internet connectivity, if they weren't already at 8.8.8.6.

Jeremy Collake

I hope everyone's PCs are now updated properly, or were at 8.8.8.6 to start with.

While, again, this was such a minor update that it hardly matters, it's embarrassing.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion. This should have never occurred and I'm taking steps to make sure it doesn't again. After any new systems mistake/failure, I always try to add a safety of some sort to prevent it from occurring again. And, generally, that strategy has done well over the years.